Friday, May 8, 2009

Commentary On National Government

Well i wanna discuss gas prices this week, gas has gone up to 2.8 cents overnight and has risen our new national average $2.169 a gallon. Now, people have already started complaining about this new increase, but compared to a year ago, when a barrel of gas was a staggering $150 dollars and costing us Americans and myself around $4 at the pump, $2.16 is not all that bad. I will admit, that gas did increase 12.2 cents more than last month and that kind-of makes me worry, especially now that it's becoming summer time, and it will continue to increase a little more than usual in the coming months. We all know that gas will increase forever, it's just a part of life, when people fifty years ago were paying 50 cents for their gas, they never dreamed of paying a dollar, let alone two dollars for gas, but as time goes on, gas will increase and it will never stop. Ok, it might slow down when they develop flying cars and are solar powered, then gas should go down, but i'm sure the government will start charging for the use of THE Sun, because that's just what our government does.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited and enthused about the current gas prices. I remember working in Austin Texas, having to pay $20.00 a day, to get to and from work. Once I calculated the funds I spent and the actual revenue I made, I was spending more money on gas then anything else. So I for one am appreciative of the recent decrease in gas prices. It is a well-known fact that gas prices fluctuate. Most of the time when you see gas prices fluctuate, is when travel times occur I.E; summer vacation, holidays ECT. But with our recent economic crunch, gas prices seemed at one point to just escalate. For gas prices to be $2.49 per gallon, I am extremely excited!

    Gas prices are the reason many Americans quit or loss their jobs. Escalating gas prices is also the reason truckers stopped delivering food. Gas is the formula used for most transportation. By making this resource unaffordable, not only does it hurt we the people, it also hurts the market. As the writer of this blog states, the government find ways to profit from everything, and I agree. I also believe when the solar, flying and vegetable oil running cars are released, the government will find a way to profit from those new innovated inventions as well. It is inevitable the government will rep some sort of revenue from different inventions made. My argument is the greed that comes along with it. Greed is the reason why out economy is in the shape it is in now, and gas prices were public enemy number one! Now that the gas prices seem to be more affordable, I believe jobs will be gained and less complaining will be made. Well… concerning gas of course…. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete